View our Municipal Code containing all ordinances or view our most searched for ordinances below:
- Ordinance 2016-04 - Bamboo (Adopted 11/15/16)
- Ordinance 2014-009 - Act 537 Permitting All Facilities
- Ordinance 2014-008 - Act 537 Holding Tanks
- Ordinance 2014-007 - Act 537 on Lot Systems
- Act 537 Sewage Facilities Plan - Official Plan (Update Revision August 2012; Revised June 2013)
- Ordinance 2012-05 - Sign Requirements
- Ordinance 2012-04 - Rules Governing the Use of Township Parks
- Ordinance 2011-06 - Stormwater Management
- Ordinance 2009-04 - Ordinance Controlling Soil Erosion, Sedimentation & Grading
Frequently Asked Questions - Ordinances
Does the Township have a leash ordinance?
While the Township does not have a leash ordinance, residents are directed to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Dog Law which requires the following:
- A dog must be on a leash when owner is off the his/her property with the dog; or
- Must be under voice commands and the dog must respond to commands; or
- Dog must be confined to a property by means of a fence or an electronic fence, or must respond to voice commands.
NOTE: Fines can run up to $300 plus in court costs.
Am I allowed to burn on my property? Is there a burning ordinance?
Solebury Township is within the Department of Environmental Protection's (DEP) air basin, and DEP prohibits burning within the air basin.
What are the requirements/restrictions for posting signs along the roadways?
Contact the Zoning Officer at the Township Building at (215) 297-5656 for specifics regarding signage.
What ordinance books are available to purchase from the Township?
The following books are available - check with Township for current pricing:
- Zoning Ordinance - Electronic format only
- Subdivision & Land Development Ordinance - Electronic format only
- Comprehensive Plan - $50 ($65 if mailed)
- Parks & Recreation Plan - $50 ($60 if mailed)
- Open Space Plan - $50 ($60 if mailed)
- HARB Design Guidelines - $20 ($30 if mailed)
- HARB History & Maintenance Manual - $20 ($30 if mailed)