Resolutions are a formal expression of the opinion of the Board of Supervisors adopted by a vote; it may be a policy statement or an order that a specific action be taken. Resolutions occur during the public the Board of Supervisors meetings. These differ from Ordinances which are the rules, regulations or codes enacted into law by the municipal government.
The Resolution list below is not all inclusive; it details resolutions which are considered policy statements. Examples of excluded resolutions include approval of meeting minutes, reorganization of Township committees, the payment of Township expenses, and other themes unrelated to Township policy. A full list of Township Resolutions can be found within individual Board of Supervisors’ Meeting Minutes.
- Resolution 2020-125 - Commitment to Participate in the Sustainable Community Certification Program
- Resolution 2020-098 - 'Ready for 100' Renewable Energy Movement
- Resolution 2019-090 - Regulation of Plastic
- Resolution 2019-089 - Comprehensive Nondiscrimination Legislation
- Resolution 2018-054 - Opposition to Penneast Pipeline (See Page 4)
- Resolution 2017-176 - Fracking
- Resolution 2017-175 - Casino
- Resolution 2016-124 - Gun Safety (See Pages 1 - 3)
- Resolution 2003-112 - Ethics Policy