What is the difference between a grading permit and a building permit? What is the normal process for submission? What happens once it is submitted?

Grading permits are required when a project involves earth disturbance which exceeds 2,000 square feet. Grading permits must be submitted, processed and completed first before a building permit application can be submitted. Please review our Erosion & Sediment Control, Grading, and SWM Application page for more information.