The Solebury Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) was established in November 2003, and became an operative committee in January 2004. With up to seven (7) voting members and five (5) additional associate members, the EAC has established an aggressive agenda of projects. Areas of initial environmental priority include:
- A Natural Resources Inventory
- Public Education and Outreach
- Coordination with Watershed Groups -including developing an assessment plan for the Aquetong Creek
- Habitat protection - Deer / wildlife and invasive species management
- Storm - water runoff management and waste-water treatment
- Tree and Plantings Recommendations - street trees, tree replacement planning, riparian buffer restoration, etc.
- Organic Farming
- Environmental Education Component of the new parks
The EAC advises local governmental agencies, including the Planning Commission, Parks & Recreation Board and elected officials, on matters dealing with protection, conservation, management, promotion and use of natural resources, including air, land and water resources, located within the Township.
Individual council members chair specific operational areas and work with the group as a whole as well as associate members and additional volunteers.
|Christine Terranova||Secretary (non-voting)|
|Helen Tai||Supervisor Liaison|