Milling and paving of Route 263 (Upper York Road), from Peddlers' Village to the New Jersey line, will begin on Monday, May 2, 2016. This is a PENNDOT project, and should there be any questions or concerns, please contact PENNDOT Projects at 215-345-6060.
The stone arch bridge on Comfort Road near Laurel Road will receive some much-needed repairs this spring, requiring the closure of Comfort Road between Paxson Road and Laurel Road.
Project planners have given special attention to the needs of the working farms along the road, and there will be open access to the farms and farmers markets via Paxson Road.
The repairs, scheduled for completion at the beginning of July, require the complete replacement of two stone parapet walls to restore their structural integrity. If the spring weather cooperates, the contractor hopes the work will be completed slightly ahead of schedule.
During the early morning hours on March 23, 2016 officers on patrol had located a black pick up truck parked along Aquetong Rd near Meetinghouse Rd. Officers did locate an adult male in the area on foot acting suspicious. The male was questioned by investigating officers.
At this time we have not received any reports of criminal activity that occurred. If you have any information in regards to any suspicious activity between 1:00AM and 5:00AM today in the area of Aquetong Rd and Meetinghouse Rd to contact us at 215-348-7400.
Some helpful tips to report suspicious activity -
REMEMBER- If you observe something unusual or think something looks ‘wrong’, report it. DON’T HESITATE TO CALL 911! FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCT! You WILL NOT get in trouble with the police- and you WILL be doing a service to your community!
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES AS SUSPICIOUS AND CALL THE POLICE!
- A person or vehicle stays in the same place for an unusual length of time.
- A parked car with the engine running- regardless of a person inside or not.
- A person behaves strangely or exhibits unusual movements, looks out of place, or iswandering aimlessly.
- A person concealing an object, carrying a weapon or suspicious bag.
- A person looking into cars, moving from car to car, and/or tries door handles.
- A person looking into windows of homes, or forcibly entering a car or home.
- A person running from a home for no apparent reason, especially at night.
- A person carrying/transporting unusual/valuable objects, day or night.
- A person sells/conducts business out of their car, van, truck, or other vehicle.
- A vehicle drives around your block frequently, slowing down, speeding up.
- A vehicle without lights on, arriving or leaving at night.
- A person leaving a neighbor’s house who isn’t the neighbor or someone you recognize or uniformed.
The Aquetong Spring Advisory Committee presented its preliminary report to the Solebury Township Board of Supervisors on March 15. The report outlines recommendations to preserve Aquetong Creek and create recreational opportunities in the surrounding park. Click here to download and view the presentation (PDF).
Solebury Parks & Recreation 2015 Annual Report as presented to the Board of Supervisors on February 16, 2016 can be viewed by clicking 2015AnnualReport.pdf