A forced entry residential burglary occurred on Wednesday, Dec. 14, around 7 p.m. The residence is located in the Canal Walk neighborhood off of Route 32 near Route 202.
Further investigation revealed that a dark colored unknown type vehicle was observed in the neighborhood just prior to the burglary. The vehicle was possibly occupied by two black males.
Again, we ask residents to contact the police department if they observe any suspicious activity at 215-348-7400 or 911.
REMEMBER- If you observe something unusual or think something looks ‘wrong’, report it. DON’T HESITATE TO CALL 911! FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCT! You WILL NOT get in trouble with the police—and you WILL be doing a service to your community!
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES AS SUSPICIOUS AND CALL THE POLICE!
- A person or vehicle stays in the same place for an unusual length of time.
- A parked car with the engine running- regardless of a person inside or not.
- A person behaves strangely or exhibits unusual movements, looks out of place, or is wandering aimlessly.
- A person concealing an object, carrying a weapon or suspicious bag.
- A person looking into cars, moving from car to car, and/or tries door handles.
- A person looking into windows of homes, or forcibly entering a car or home.
- A person running from a home for no apparent reason, especially at night.
- A person carrying/transporting unusual/valuable objects, day or night.
- A person sells/conducts business out of their car, van, truck, or other vehicle.
- A vehicle drives around your block frequently, slowing down, speeding up.
- A vehicle without lights on, arriving or leaving at night.
- A person leaving a neighbor’s house who isn’t the neighbor or someone you recognize or uniformed.